Bristol UK £38,000 - £45,000 (pro rata 16 to 24 hours per week)
This is a flexible, part time role and an exciting chance to join a rapidly growing, fast paced, dynamic company working in the subsea sector. Rovco is a “robotics as a service” company, advancing the state of the art in subsea technology with 3D Vision and Artificial Intelligence. Focused on the offshore renewable energy and decommissioning markets, we’re making a real difference in the underwater world. We are growing a team of globally active professionals that want to work at the top of their game.
Based in the South West, regularly praised as one of the top places to live in the UK, the city of Bristol is culturally vibrant and with great transport links without the expense of London life.
You will have a pivotal role in company's senior management team and will be in charge of the complete accounting and financial management of the business. Your responsibilities will include developing and embedding monthly reporting processes, working on financial strategy alongside the CEO, board reporting, and production and analysis of management information and forecasts. On a day to day basis you will also control budgets, and act as an escalation point for financial issues. You will manage one member of staff, our external accountants, auditors and other financial services suppliers.
To be successful, you should have broad financial experience, excellent excel skills, and a strong attention to detail. We would expect you to be fully CIMA, ACA, or ACCA qualified, with experience as a management accountant.
In a typical week you might liaise with hydrographic surveyors, computer vision engineers, and project managers to understand the future needs of the company and build financial models to suit, while keeping the board happy with meaningful management information. Working in a fast-growing tech company, you’ll be expected to exhibit a high degree of autonomy and will be able to research and develop solutions yourself. You will play a key role in our growth, while your position advances and responsibility grows as we do.
This part time role will suit someone able to commit around 16 to 24 hours per week, with flexible start and end times to suit the candidate.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to think strategically and tactically about the business, ie how business performance translates into our accounts and cashflow
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, MI, commentaries and financial statements
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and a good ability with maths
- Knowledge of Xero, or the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing budgets
- Developing and managing financial forecasting systems and models
- Liaising with company directors
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Previous experience in a fast growth company
- Experience managing shareholders and being the main person for all matters related to shareholding in the business
- Experience supervising others
- Interest in the underwater environment, robotics or AI
£38k - 45k negotiable, depending on experience, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and generous pension provision (pro rata for 16 to 24 hours work)
If the description sounds like you, we want to hear from you. If you don’t quite meet the requirements but think you could do the job and can show how, we’d love for you to convince us. Email with a CV and a few words about what attracts you to the role, include “Finance Manager” in the subject header.