Bristol UK £35,000 - £55,000 + 10% bonus + pension
Rovco is a subsea robotics company, advancing the state of the art in subsea inspection by developing the technology for live 3D from visual inspection and machine learning driven visual analysis. The research and development team is growing, and this role represents a chance to get involved with the core of our technology and shape the way we deliver our innovative data offerings to our customers by developing a unique 3D visualisation web service.
We’re based in Bristol in the South West of the UK. Regularly praised as one of the top places to live in the UK with a high quality of life, culturally vibrant and with great transport links without the expense of London life.
3D data, and getting it to clients, is key to what we’re doing at Rovco.
As the Data Delivery Platform Engineer you’ll be responsible for leading the design and implementation of a web-based platform to deliver our innovative robotic 3D survey data to clients. You’ll be taking our initial proof of concept and developing the front-end UI and back-end infrastructure to support it. This will involve everything from back end data processing to ingest the input survey data to experimenting with novel ways of displaying to the user with WebGL. For some idea of what this might involve, have a look at:
You’ll work closely with hydrographic surveyors and the operations side of the business to understand our requirements, and the features required by the users. Day to day you’ll work with the computer vision and AI development team and have the chance to work on our machine learning product development as well as visualisation for our live 3D vision system. As a young and fast growing company you’ll be expected to exhibit a high degree of autonomy, able to research and develop solutions yourself. You will play a key role in our growth, developing core technology whilst helping the rest of the team.
Web Platform Lead - Full StackKey Skills and Experience:
- Web application development experience.
- AWS or other cloud infrastructure familiarity.
- Sysadmin experience for Linux systems.
- Full-stack developer - ok that's a buzzword, but we're a small team, so you'll need to get stuck in everywhere.
- Experience with WebGL or other 3D visualisation, or a willingness to learn.
- Writing and testing production code, working in teams.
- Evidence of developing reasonable complex software from scratch, or leading/architecting development (in contrast to just working on existing code bases following other’s direction).
- Interest in applied robotics and AI.
- You'll lead development so we’re language/tool agnostic, but Python experience is a bonus.
- 3D visualisation experience, experience WebGL or pointcloud visualisation.
- Public work you can point to - papers, Github, shipped software etc.
- Experience supervising others.
£35k-55k, negotiable depending on experience, plus 10% bonus, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and generous pension provision.
If the description sounds like you, we want to hear from you. If you don’t quite meet the requirements but think you could do the job and can show how, we’d love for you to convince us. Email with a CV and a few words about what attracts you to the role, include “Web Platform Lead” in the subject header.