Bristol UK £60,000 - £90,000 OTE (base salary £40k - £60k)
This is a superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing, fast-paced, dynamic company working in the subsea sector. Rovco is advancing the state of the art in subsea technology with 3D Vision and Artificial Intelligence, we’re building our autonomous service offering now and will be bringing new, disruptive technology to market.
We are growing a team of globally active professionals that want to work at the top of their game.
Based in the South West, regularly praised as one of the top places to live in the UK, the city of Bristol is culturally vibrant and with great transport links without the expense of London life or the climate of Aberdeen.
You will have a pivotal role in company's senior management team and will be in charge of the complete sales cycle, working in partnership with our delivery team.
Your main responsibility will be the driving of sales leads from the oil, gas and renewables industries. Working on sales strategy alongside the CEO and marketing department. Working with the R&D team and directors to tailor and develop the right service offering for our clients. For the right person, we would expect this role to be a route into senior management while you build a sales department reporting to you, or if interested take Rovco global with the creation of an overseas office.
To be successful, you should have a proven track record in business development, knowledge of the sector and the drive to succeed.
In a typical week, you might be running demos in London, working with the Marketing Manager on a new strategy, meeting customers, or liaising with the delivery team to ensure the next client’s needs are perfectly met on their project. Working in a fast-growing tech company, you’ll be expected to exhibit a high degree of autonomy and will be able to research and develop solutions yourself. You will play a key role in our growth, while your position advances and responsibility grows as we do.
As the driving force behind generating new sales leads and contacts, a successful business development manager is a highly-prized asset to our company. The bonus-related pay and a new tech that clients love means the financial rewards of this career and company can be great. Interested? We hoped you might be….
Business Development Manager
Key Skills and Experience:
Serving existing and new customers by selling subsea services with an emphasis on project size growth and customer development including:
- Leading sales activities by defining, creating and implementing sales strategies
- Developing and executing a plan to align the sales funnel with organizational goals and targets
- Sell, promote and communicate Rovco services to current and potential new customers
- Delivering sales presentations at conferences, to key clients and prospects
- Working with tendering team to craft responses to tenders and development of service proposals
- Experience of sales tracking software / CRMs
- Maintaining strong market knowledge by establishing networks, reviewing publications and monitoring competition.
- Using existing contacts to locate the decision makers at key companies and build relationships
- Develop new contacts when there are none available
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
- Development of marketing materials in conjunction with the marketing team
- Represent Rovco at trade shows, networking meetings, and industry forums
- Setup and attend demonstrations to educate potential clients and existing customers to drive new sales
- Work to understand client requirements and feed these back for potential new service offerings
- Provide feedback on client satisfaction with our services
- Previous experience in a fast growth company
- Direct, hands-on offshore experience on subsea projects
- Experience of ROV/AUV systems or projects
- Experience supervising others
- Interest in the underwater environment, robotics or AI
£60k to £90k negotiable, depending on experience, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and generous pension provision
If the description sounds like you, we want to hear from you. If you don't quite meet the requirements but think you could do the job and can show how we'd love for you to convince us. Email with a CV and a few words about what attracts you to the role include "Bus Dev Manager” in the subject header.